Premium Noise Canceling Headphones
Unmistakable Sony sound. Superior comfort. Precision noise canceling. They’re everything great headphones should be. Bring out the most in your music while canceling up to 99.4% of ambient noise with our exclusive Dual Noise Sensor technology. With a passive listening mode that works even if the batteries die, plus super comfortable ear pads, these head phones don’t miss a beat—and neither will you.
More music, less noise…
Digital technology provides for optimal ambient noise cancelation with outstanding audio performance.
Incredible ambient noise canceling
Dual noise sensors residing both inside and outside the earcup work with the Digital Noise Canceling Engine to deliver optimal performance.
Automatic ambient noise canceling
With the simple push of a button, the MDR-10RNCIP headphones automatically select the optimal noise canceling mode (for aircraft, train or office) based on intelligent analysis of environmental ambient noise.
Enjoy broad frequency response
Newly-developed 40mm driver units deliver broad, balanced, and accurate sound reproduction for an exceptional listening experience.
Tight bass response
The Beat Response Control design delivers tight and deep bass response, just perfect for today’s music.
Enjoy extended comfort
Pressure-relieving cushions wrap around your ears for a comfortable acoustic seal and powerful bass response.
Swivel function for improved portability
And for when the music is over, swivel earcups fold flat and compact for enhanced portability.
Plays well with Apple2
The perfect companion for your iPod, iPhone or iPad devices2 with the inline remote with microphone delivers personalized music and call functionality.
Enjoy long battery life
A single AAA battery provides up to 20 hours of noise canceling functionality.1 When your battery is out of charge, passive mode lets you continue listening to your headphones in a conventional fashion.
A compact carrying case is included to keep your headphones and accessories secure.
- Driver Unit:40 mm, dome type (CCAW adopted) diaphragm
- Frequency Response:6 – 24,000 Hz
- Power Handling Capacity:100 mW
- Selectivity:3 distinct noise-canceling modes for use in three accoustically different environments (Airplane, Bus, Office)
- Sensitivity (db):101 dB/mW (when power is on)
100 dB/mW (when power is off)
- Case Type:Carrying Case
- Design:Circum Aural, Noise Canceling
- Magnet:High-energy Neodymium
- Noise Level:ON/OFF switch on ear-cup
- Plug:Gold plated inline remote and microphone cord for iPod/iPhone/iPad
- Type of Use:Noise canceling
- Cord:Detachable gold plated inline remote & microphone cord for iPod/iPhone/iPad
- Headphone Type:Closed supra-aural, Dynamic
- Microphone:Omni directional, electret condenser (29 – 20 kHz frequency range
-40 dB (0 dB = 1 V/Pa)
- Remote Control:Basic: Play/Pause, Answer/End
- Battery Indicator:LED (Green)
- Battery Life (Approx):Up to 20 hours with supplied LR03 Size AAA battery1
- Power Source:DC 1.5 V via 1 x LR03 (size AAA) battery
- Impedance:50 ohms at 1 kHz (Powered on)
24 ohms at 1 kHz (Passive mode)
- Cord Length (Approx.):47 1/4 in. (1.2 m)
- Weight (Approx.):Approx. 7.3 oz. (205 g) – including battery, without cable
1Actual performance varies based on settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
2Compatible with iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad (3rd/4th gen), iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th/5th gen), iPod classic 120/160GB (2009), iPod nano (4th/5th/6th/7th gen) and iPod shuffle (3rd/4th gen).
2014 Sony Electronics, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony and the Sony make.believe logo are trademarks of Sony. Apple is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.